Blog Blog Blog...

Blog Blog Blog...
The Happiest Blog on Earth

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Record Player Skipping...

Good Sunday morning everyone!
As I am sitting here reflecting and reading my scriptures, I realized I forgot to post something I wanted to talk about last night, (I was feeling a little tired and under the weather).
So this week for work, I realized just how much I listen to the radio. There are the usual stations, the not so visited stations, and the stations I could totally get a headache listening to.
However, upon being more observant instead of being in my usual daydreaming mode, I came to the sad realization that some radio stations play the same five songs over and over and over again, making even the best song much less enjoyable after the 500th time listening to it within a half hour, (OK, so I might be slightly exaggerating...499).
I feel as though sometimes stations buy a copy of NOW 5893 and play it all day long. Although that is fine with some people, I am an individual who love music and likes to hear new and innovative songs from a variety of artists, not just the same run of the mill three or four that you can get from any radio station.
My advice is to listen to the radio occasionally. There may be a song or two that might be catchy. Then leave as quickly as possible and don't turn it on again for approximately 6 months as to let the cycle of repetition fade. Music is so important in our lives, and I feel can truly make it more uplifting or it can give you the biggest migrain. Unfortunately I feel lately it has been the latter.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Your exaggerations have a lot of truth in them. I only listen to the radio in my car, and often on short drives, I'll hear the same song twice. I agree with you...radio stations should play more varied songs.

    ReplyDelete