Blog Blog Blog...

Blog Blog Blog...
The Happiest Blog on Earth

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thoughts on Sexual Content

While I was watching television and fulfilling my assignment for class, it made me reflect on the issues that sexuality is truly everywhere.
The thought of CONTEXT has also been an interesting insight. Before analyzing, I didn't realize how prevalent sexual references are in our every day lives. Television is brimming with innuendos, and off colored jokes. Maybe we as a society have been desensitized as far as understanding what we are viewing, and have come to accept them as normal occurrences.
A lot of times with sexual content, it truly is seen as something "everyone does." Infidelity, sex before marriage, and lust are common themes, as well as joking about the sacred nature of sex. Growing up in the LDS church, we understand the importance sex is to our Heavenly Father, helping grow intimate bonds between husband and wife. I know I'm not married yet, but I hope to keep those things sacred, and never take them for granted as I prepare to make eternal covenants and become a father using this great gift to wonderful children which I know are blessings from the Lord.
Sex sells, it's true, but we don't have to buy the myths we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment