Blog Blog Blog...

Blog Blog Blog...
The Happiest Blog on Earth

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Poke...Guess who? Are we too worried about Facebook?

Hey loyal readers. After our discussion about new media this past week, I have been much more alert and aware of statuses, and the frequency of individuals updating Facebook.
Being in the middle of the semester, I am going to have to admit that I am on Facebook probably no more than 5 minutes a day. If nothing is new, I don't preoccupy myself with thoughts of friends' loyalties, and whether or not I have become "America's Most Unwanted."
I think sometimes individuals can get carried away, updating statuses every few minutes. As a friend, I am interested in what is important to my friends. However, am I interested in what someone is eating for lunch, or how they are bored after an attention deficit after 20 minutes of homework...not so much.
As we talked about in class, I believe that there is moderation in all things. Is it our narcissism as a society that compels us to want more attention, and for others to currently lie on our beck and call? Do we really want everyone to know publicly our private lives? As Jacob once said, "Oh be wise, what more can I say." True statement.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about this the other day! I almost deleted my facebook because I got tired of some people's unnecessary updates.

    ReplyDelete